Investing in the communities where we live and work
The following are just a few examples of the ways in which we endeavor to make positive and lasting contributions to people’s lives.
Proud to be part of the past, present and future of Canadian hockey
Imperial has been closely linked to Canada’s national sport since sponsoring the first national radio broadcasts of professional hockey in 1936. Our sponsorship today is focused on hockey events, activities and programs that support kids and local communities across Canada. The Esso™ brand is also honoured to be the official fuel of the NHL® and Team Canada.
- Let’s Talk Science: Imperial contributes to the funding of this national science education organization that builds student interest in science through classroom workshops, teacher enrichment and research.
- STEM Education with the University of Calgary: The Imperial Oil Foundation funds research and development of joint programs through the University of Calgary that will enhance the learning and teaching of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) in early school years, in addition to supporting an annual symposium drawing researchers from around the world.
- International Mathematical Olympiad: Every year top high school students from across Canada battle in a prestigious world mathematics competition, selected and trained through the Canadian Mathematical Society. Imperial is pleased to be a major sponsor of Canada’s team, providing funding for training, accommodation and travel.
- Training and developing skills for young people in Aboriginal communities. Since 2002, Imperial has invested over $1.3 million to support employment initiatives, school programs, technology scholarships and courses at the Six Nations Polytechnic in Ohsweken, Ontario.
- Contributing to Aboriginal scholarships and education programs including the Cold Lake Operations Scholarship, the Norman Wells Operations Sahtu Aboriginal Scholarship and the Science Education Employment Development Scholarship.
- Consulting with Aboriginal communities and supporting business development. At our Kearl oil sands operation, we gathered input from local First Nations to help with reclamation planning. Imperial has also contracted the services of Aboriginal businesses to work at the Kearl site.
Helping businesses run efficiently
From wholesale fuels and fuel system management to high quality marine and aviation fuel and more, Imperial can help keep businesses running more efficiently.Learn more
Esso is a trademark of Imperial Oil Limited. Imperial Oil, licensee.
Mobil is a trademark of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries. Imperial Oil, licensee.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks and NHL Division logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. © NHL 2021. All Rights Reserved.