A message to our loyal Esso™ and Mobil™ Customers
The COVID-19 situation continues to change quickly and Canadians are concerned about the continued reliable supply of products we take for granted under normal circumstances. We are working hard to ensure you continue to have access to fuel when you need it and to provide an experience at each one of our Esso™ and Mobil™ service stations that is safe and convenient.
We recognize that our service stations provide an essential service and that we play a vital role in ensuring that Canadians across the country are fueled and get to where they need to be, every single day. In addition to fuel, Esso™ and Mobil™ sites represent a quick and convenient resource for purchasing essential items including food and personal care items. We are committed to doing everything we can to support our sites in order to keep them operating and serving every community, in the days and weeks ahead.
First and foremost, the health and safety of our employees and customers is our highest priority. We are working with service station owners/operators to make sure Esso™ and Mobil™ sites are frequently cleaned and sanitized - from fuel nozzles to store countertops to door handles. To ensure your safety when visiting Esso™ and Mobil™ stations, owners/operators have been asked to implement the following measures:
- More frequent cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces, including fuel nozzles, dispensers, door handles and food areas
- Employees are being asked to wash their hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Employees are to stay home if they feel sick and isolate according to Health Canada guidelines
- Hand sanitizer and/or disinfecting wipes are being placed at pumps and in convenience stores (where available and appropriate)
- More frequent restroom cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms
- Implement social distancing between staff and consumers where applicable
- Remind consumers about our contactless payment option - Speedpass+™ (available at most sites)
We continue to monitor the latest developments surrounding COVID-19 and are following the guidance from the Government of Canada, World Health Organization (WHO) and local and national authorities; and we are committed to responding in ways that are consistent with our mission to provide you with the best possible fueling experience.