Midstream Integrated Terminal Automation Solution (MITAS) update
MITAS is a new suite of systems and hardware that will provide Imperial customers with easily accessible, real-time data at our terminals. We’re replacing and updating flow control hardware, driver interface, IT hardware and software with modern equipment and software. This system will be integrated with the Customer Terminal Interface (CTI) that will speed up the new driver and vehicle setup at our terminals and increase visibility. The real-time data will assist in minimizing any surprises, long waiting periods or other disruptions while offering convenience, adaptability and more effective transport.
Here’s an update on MITAS:
- One-third of terminals have been successfully converted to the MITAS infrastructure
- Winnipeg will convert in December and Edmonton and Finch will convert in Q1 2020
- All terminals are scheduled to convert by mid-2021
Customers can look forward to:
- Increased reliability with modern equipment and more robust built-in redundancy
- Decreased unplanned terminal outages
- Increased cybersecurity protection
Soon, terminal camera visibility will be integrated with our CTI system for easy access. Camera access is now available at Edmonton and Ottawa. Customers and haulers have real-time visibility of queues outside the gate. Need access? Contact your Imperial Sales Representative. We appreciate our customers' patience as we implement MITAS and update our systems.