You spoke, we listened
A big thank you to everyone who shared feedback on doing business with Imperial in our 2018 Wholesale Fuels Customer Satisfaction Survey. Your insights help us learn what we’re doing well and where we could make improvements – so we can continue building a better customer experience. We appreciate you taking the time to participate in the survey.
The survey says ...
- Overall it was clear that many of our core values are coming through in our business with you. You told us that you see Imperial as a company that values product integrity, demonstrates technology leadership and trust, and provides good overall value.
- You told us that in 2018, you had positive experiences in areas such as terminal site safety, account setup, invoicing accuracy and our sales representatives’ effectiveness. At least 80% of our customers scored us as good, very good or excellent in these areas.
- You also indicated we had several areas for improvement, including the overall ease of doing business with Imperial. In particular, you struggled with our communication, the helpfulness of our customer services personnel, and the responsiveness and speed of our supply hotline to resolve issues. Over 50% of our customers also scored ACE and Supply Management System (SMS) as poor or fair.
We’re taking action
We understand that product availability and supply have been challenging for our industry and our company, but we are focused on finding solutions to minimize the impact on our customers. Imperial is dedicated to your business, and we are investing to make the improvements you’re asking for. The following actions have been taken in response to your feedback:
- Updating supply event communication subject lines and downtime notifications (DTNs) for greater clarity and detail
- A proactive GPO approach to alleviate issues caused by requests for additional volume
- Sharing Terminal metrics during Customer Terminal Days
- Dedicated customer-service staffing and early inquiry acknowledgement to improve transparency and experience for customers
- Implemented 24-hour Urgent and 72-hour Rush customer setup escalation process to respond to emergency setup needs
- Customer training for ACE
Be on the lookout for our next survey coming in Q4 2019. We look forward to hearing your responses and feedback.