Investing to Improve
The Imperial team recognizes we need to stay focused on improving our supply reliability to help keep our customers moving and growing. Since our last edition of Fuel Source in August, we have made a number of investments to try and move the needle on supply reliability in Canada.
- Enhanced rail analytical software to maximize rail reliability.
- Alternative rail transloading logistics in Calgary to mitigate APPL apportionment.
- Procured a 3P short haul rail provider in Hay River, NWT to improve product reliability.
- Increased rail fleet size to better manage rail reliability through the winter months.
- Commissioned second Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD) filter to increase loading capacity at the Nanticoke Terminal, reducing wait times.
- We will be enhancing one of our key internal systems, the Global Reliability Management System (GRMS+) that is used to identify areas where we can positively impact our customers experience at the terminal (e.g., terminal wait times, loading times).
- A new gasoline blendstock rail offloading facility has been commissioned at Finch, enabling alternate logistics that support reliable supply at Imperial’s busiest terminal.
Real-time video feeds:
Additionally, we are excited that by year-end 2018 we will have real-time video feeds up and running at both Ottawa and Edmonton terminals. This should help increase transparency in relation to terminal queuing for our customers and haulers.