How to Enter
Earn one entry for the grand prize every time you fuel using the Speedpass+™ app with Esso Supreme™ or Esso Supreme+™ — Premium Fuels formulated to keep your engine 3X CLEANER for more KM per tank.*
Plus, each entry will also be entered into weekly prize draws for 1 of 3 $250 Esso Gift Cards!
Contest runs from April 17 to May 28.
To participate, download the Speedpass+ app today.
See full terms and conditions below.
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW
Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to participate in the Contest via a mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
Esso™ Supreme 2022 Stanley Cup® Final Sweepstakes (the “Contest”) begins on April 17, 2022 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 28, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, there will be six (6) weeks (each, a “Week”) as follows:
|Week||Start Date (all 12:00:00 a.m. ET)||End Date (all 11:59:59 p.m. ET)||Draw Date|
|1||April 17, 2022||April 23, 2022||May 2, 2022|
|2||April 24, 2022||April 30, 2022||May 9, 2022|
|3||May 1, 2022||May 7, 2022||May 16, 2022|
|4||May 8, 2022||May 14, 2022||May 23, 2022|
|5||May 15, 2022||May 21, 2022||May 30, 2022|
|6||May 22, 2022||May 28, 2022||June 6, 2022|
|April 17, 2022||May 28, 2022||June 3, 2022|
Contest is open only to residents of Canada who have reached the legal age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees, officers, directors, representatives or agents of Imperial Oil (the “Sponsor”), the National Hockey League (“NHL”), its member clubs, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P NHL Enterprises B.V., NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC (the foregoing NHL entities collectively, the “NHL Entities”), each of their affiliated companies, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other individual(s), entity or entities involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively with the Sponsor, the “Contest Parties”).
By participating in this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER INCREASE OR OTHERWISE IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING IN THIS CONTEST.
There are two (2) ways to earn an Entry (each, an “Entry” and collectively the “Entries”) in the Contest, as follows:
Speedpass+ App Users : This method of entry is available only to eligible individuals who are (or become) the holder of a valid Speedpass+ application account (the “Speedpass+ App”). Speedpass+ App is free to download - see https://www.esso.ca/en-ca/speedpassplus
- You will automatically earn one (1) Entry each time you purchase premium grade fuel (Synergy Supreme or Synergy Supreme+, where available) using your Speedpass+ App at participating Esso locations in Canada.
- No Purchase Necessary: To enter without having or using a Speedpass+ App, print your first name, last name, telephone number, email address and complete mailing address (including postal code) on a plain piece of paper and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient Canadian postage) along with a twenty-five (25) word or more, unique and original essay (the “Essay”) on your interest in the Stanley Cup® Final to: 5605 McAdam Rd – Unit B, Mississauga, ON L4Z 1N4 (the “Request”). Upon receipt of a valid Request submitted and received in accordance with these Rules, you will be eligible to receive one (1) Entry in the Contest per unique and original Essay per envelope with sufficient Canadian postage. To be eligible, any Request you submit must: (i) be received separately in an envelope bearing sufficient Canadian postage (i.e. multiple Requests in the same envelope will be void); and (ii) be postmarked during the Contest Period and received prior to the applicable Draw Date (as outlined herein).
There is a limit one (1) Entry per person, per day (regardless of the method of entry). For the purposes of these Rules, a “day” is defined as 12:00:00 a.m. ET to 11:59:59 p.m. ET. If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, multiple identities, multiple email addresses, any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) and/or any other means not in keeping with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and/or spirit of these Rules to participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then they may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The Contest Parties and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for (and have no liability in relation to) late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries, Requests and/or other information (all of which are/is void).
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry, Request, and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the official time-keeping device(s) used by the Sponsor.
7. THE PRIZES:
The following prizes (each, a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) are available to be won:
- Weekly Prizes : There will be a total of eighteen (18) Weekly Prizes (each, a “Weekly Prize” and collectively, the “Weekly Prizes”) available to be won in the Contest. There will be three (3) Weekly Prizes available to be won per Week. Each Weekly Prize consists of a $250 CAD Esso and Mobil gift card, which may be redeemed to purchase fuel at participating Esso and Mobil stations across Canada. Use of gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer.
2022 Stanley Cup® Final Trip Prizes:
There will be three (3) Grand Prizes (each, a “Grand
Prize” and collectively, the “Grand
Prizes”) available to be won. Each Grand Prize consists of a trip for the confirmed winner and one (1) guest (a "Guest") to travel to the applicable location of the 2022 Stanley Cup® Final (the "Game Site") for the purpose of attending one (1) game
of the 2022 Stanley Cup® Final (the "Game"), selected in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The Game is currently scheduled to take place in June
2022 - however, the Game date is subject to change. Each Grand Prize includes: (i) round trip transportation (economy class) for the confirmed winner and their Guest to the Game Site from a Canadian departure location near the confirmed winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); (ii) accommodation for two (2) people (occupancy level to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) for two (2) nights in a hotel or hotels determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion; (iii) two (2) general admission tickets to the Game (seating level to be determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); and (iv) $500 CAD spending money for the confirmed winner.
All travel must take place within two (2) days on either side of the Game (or on such other dates as specified by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). Each Grand Prize has a total approximate retail value of $6,000 CAD based on a Vancouver to Miami flight travel - although the actual retail value may vary depending on the point of departure and the location of the Game Site. Under no circumstances whatsoever will any difference between the actual and approximate retail values be awarded. Choice of transportation, accommodations (including, without limitation, room size and occupancy) and all other aspects of the Grand Prize are at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
IMPORTANT NOTE RE GRAND PRIZES:
- In the event that a confirmed winner resides within a three hundred (300) kilometer radius of the Game Site (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion), Sponsor will determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, whether or not the Grand Prize will include airline travel, another form of transportation to and from the Game Site, or reimbursement for certain incurred fuel costs. All decisions of the Sponsor in this regard will be final and binding without right of appeal.
- Guest Requirements: A confirmed winner’s Guest must: (a) either be of the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence or have the express written consent (in form and substance satisfactory to the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion) to accompany the confirmed winner on the Grand Prize trip; and (b) sign (and have their parent/legal guardian if they are under the legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence) and return the Sponsor’s release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating that they waive all recourse against the Sponsor and all of the other Released Parties relating to their participation in the Grand Prize (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto).
- It is strongly recommended and encouraged that a confirmed winner and their Guest obtain sufficient personal travel and medical insurance prior to departure. Transportation is subject to availability, blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations, and other transportation restrictions and regulations.
- COVID-19 Considerations: A confirmed winner and their Guest must abide by all venue policies and Game ticket terms and conditions including any rules or regulations related to COVID-19. Such rules and regulations may include, without limitation, requirements that confirmed winner and their Guest: (i) show proof of COVID-19 vaccination; and (ii) wear face masks at all times, except when eating or drinking. Entry requirements are subject to change, and additional public health and safety measures may be in force on the event date. Sponsor reserves the right to revoke the full or partial Grand Prize from any confirmed winner or their Guest who Sponsor or venue personnel deem in their sole discretion may be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or bring the Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties into disrepute.
- The Sponsor and the other Released Parties are not responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason (including, but not limited to, COVID-19), of any aspect of the Grand Prize – including, but not limited to the Game. Neither a confirmed winner nor their Guest, nor any other person or entity will be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event contemplated herein. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets. Changes to passenger names are not accepted once bookings have been confirmed.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The confirmed winner is hereby expressly prohibited from selling or transferring (or attempting to sell or transfer) their Grand Prize or any aspect thereof to another individual or entity. For the avoidance of any doubt, this means that the confirmed winner must personally participate in the Grand Prize – otherwise the Grand Prize may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be forfeited in its entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in its place.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to each Grand Prize: (i) all travel related to the Grand Prize must occur within and/or on or before the date or dates specified by the Sponsor (otherwise the Grand Prize may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be forfeited in its entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in its place); (ii) the confirmed winner and their Guest must have all necessary documentation to permit travel and must travel on the same itinerary (as set by or on behalf of the Sponsor); (iii) the costs of everything not specifically and expressly stated above as included in the Grand Prize are the sole and absolute responsibility of the confirmed winner and their Guest, including, without limitation: meals and drinks; gratuities; entertainment; health and travel insurance; transportation for confirmed winner and their Guest to and from the Canadian departure location selected by the Sponsor; additional transportation; baggage and other fees; and items of a personal nature (NOTE: confirmed winner and/or their Guest may be required to present a valid major credit card in their name at the time of hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses); (iv) if the confirmed winner and/or their Guest does not utilize any part(s) of the Grand Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be forfeited in their entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in their place; (v) all arrangements relating to the Grand Prize must be made through the Sponsor or its designated agents; and (vi) by accepting the Grand Prize, the confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Sponsor and all of the other Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to all Prizes: (i) Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable and/or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); (ii) no substitutions are permitted, except at Sponsor’s option; and (iii) Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater retail value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award.
None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of any Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, a confirmed winner (and, if applicable, their Guest) understands and acknowledges that they may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties should the applicable Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, by accepting a Prize the confirmed winner agrees to waive all recourse against Sponsor and all of the other Released Parties if the applicable Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
Weekly Prizes: On each Draw Date identified above in Rule 1 in Toronto, ON at approximately 12:00 p.m. ET, three (3) eligible participants (1 per Weekly Prize) will be selected by random draw from among all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules by the end of the Week immediately preceding the applicable Draw Date. The odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules by the end of the Week immediately preceding the applicable Draw Date.
Grand Prizes: On June 3, 2022 in Toronto, ON at approximately 12:00 p.m. ET, three (3) eligible participants will be selected by random draw from among all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. The odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules.
The Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of two (2) attempts to contact each eligible winner using their registered email address associated with their Speedpass+ account or with their no purchase entry within two (2) days of the applicable Draw Date. If an eligible winner cannot be contacted as outlined above, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then they may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible participant from among the remaining eligible Entries in accordance with the applicable manner set out in Rule 8 (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SPONSOR OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS THEM AS THE WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES. Before being declared AS A CONFIRMED PRIZE winner, each eligible winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release); and (b) sign and return within two (2) days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Sponsor and all of the other Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, their participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, city and province/territory of residence, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet.
If an eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then they may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible participant from among the remaining eligible Entries in accordance with the applicable manner set out in Rule 8 (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner).
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all participants without right of appeal.
ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
The Sponsor and the other Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of any website or any platform during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry, Request and/or other information to be received, captured or recorded (or to otherwise work properly) for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (v) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a winner or eligible winner; and/or (vi) any combination of the above.
The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to cancel, withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure of any kind whatsoever. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to change or alter this Contest, as it deems appropriate, including, but not limited to, making changes or alterations to these Rules relating to the accommodation of participants in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) or similar legislation.
The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent deemed necessary by the Sponsor, for purposes of verifying compliance by any participant, Entry, Request or other information with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
For Quebec Residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, the French version of these Rules and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Rules given by any representative of the Sponsor, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor or any of the other the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Alberta and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Alberta in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.
Esso is a trademark of Imperial Oil Limited. Imperial Oil, licensee.
NHL, the NHL Shield, and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. ©️ NHL 2022. All Rights Reserved.
*Based on comparison of Esso Supreme premium gas to gasoline meeting minimum Canadian government detergency standards in port fuel injected engines. Actual benefits are based on continuous use and will vary depending on vehicle type, driving style, and gasoline previously used. Concentration and availability of our proprietary additive package may vary based upon factors beyond our control, including supply disruptions. All Rights Reserved. Esso is a trademark of Imperial Oil Limited. Imperial Oil, licensee. Esso Supreme is a trademark or registered trademark of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries. Imperial Oil, licensee.
*vs. gas meeting minimum government detergency standards.
NHL, the NHL Shield, and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the Stanley Cup Final logo is a trademark of the National Hockey League. © NHL 2022. Esso, Esso Supreme and Esso Supreme+ are registered trademarks of Imperial Oil Limited. Speedpass+ is a trademark or registered trademark of Exxon Mobil Corporation. Imperial Oil, licensee.