The Imperial Oil #thankyoucar Contest
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
Open to residents of Canada
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. By entering the Imperial Oil #thankyoucar Contest (the “Contest”), entrants agree to abide by these Contest rules and regulations (the “Official Rules”). The decisions of Imperial Oil, a partnership, by its managing partner Imperial Oil Limited (“Imperial”) with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Imperial and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used to adm
- SPONSOR & CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest is sponsored by Imperial and commences at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 8, 2016 and will end at 11:59:59 PM ET on November 10, 2016 (the "Contest Period").
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest and be eligible to win a Prize (see rule 6), a person (“Entrant”) must, at the time of entry, be a legal resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority in the province/territory in which he/she resides. Employees, officers, representatives, agents and directors (including immediate family and members of the same household of such persons, whether related or not) of Imperial (and its affiliates, representatives, agents, advertising or promotional agencies), and the independent contest organization (collectively the “Contest Parties”) are not eligible to enter the Contest. "Immediate family" means mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter and spouse, including common law spouse, regardless of where they reside.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, visit https://www.facebook.com/EssoCanada?ref=settings (the “Contest Website”) where the Sponsor will post a topic (the “Contest Post”) on the Contest Website. Click on the “comment” icon below the Contest Post to thank your car using the hashtag #thankyoucar (“Comment”). Upon doing so, and subject to the approval of Imperial, you will receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) into the Contest. You must comply with the Comment format and content requirements (see rule 4) to be eligible. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on November 10, 2016 (the “Contest Close Date”) to be entered into the prize draw (see rule 7). Limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period.
- COMMENT FORMAT AND CONTENT
Each submitted Comment:
- Must include a reason you thank your car;
- Must include the hashtag #thankyoucar;
- Must be posted to the comment section of the Contest Post to the Esso Canada Facebook page from your Facebook account;
- Must be in English or French;
- Must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Imperial, contain any nude, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content;
- Must be intended for family audience viewing and contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Imperial, is suitable for all persons, including persons under the age of 13;
- Must be submitted only once;
- Must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant);
- Must not contain any third party trademarks or logos (other than the Sponsor); and
- Must not refer to any third parties without consent
Comments are subject to the approval of Imperial and must satisfy all the requirements set out above. Comments that do not satisfy the above requirements (or that are otherwise considered inappropriate in the sole and unfettered discretion of Imperial) will be void and ineligible as an Entry into the Contest. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect to use, in whole or in part, any Comment entered into this Contest for its own future advertising and/or promotional activities, without notice or compensation.
- ENTRIES: You must keep your Facebook account open to be eligible to win. Only one (1) Facebook account per person may be used to enter the Contest. Any person who is found to have entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules will be disqualified. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete entries, which will be void. All Entries become the property of Imperial upon receipt and none will be returned.
- PRIZES: There will be one (1) prize available to be won, (the “Prize”) consisting of one (1) $25.00 (CDN) Esso gift card (the “Gift Card”). The Gift Card has no cash surrender value and no expiry date. Any unused portion of a Gift Card will remain on the Gift Card until the total value of the Gift Card is used (for example: if a Gift Card is valued at $25 and $20 is used for the first purchase, $5 will remain on the card and so forth until the total value of the Gift Card is used). The Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution, is not transferable, not for resale and has no cash surrender value. Imperial reserves the right, in the event that the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute another prize of equal or greater value, without liability.
- PRIZE DRAW: One (1) random draw will take place at the Sponsor’s promotional agency in Toronto, ON on November 14, 2016 from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period to determine the selected entrant for the Prize (the “Selected Entrant”). Odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The Sponsor will attempt to contact the Selected Entrant by replying to his/her Comment associated with the potential winning Entry or via private message within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. The Entrant associated with the selected Facebook Profile will then be asked to reply via Facebook private message (the “Private Message”) to provide his/her contact information including full name, email address, full mailing address, and telephone number (the “Contact Information”) within three (3) business days.so that a skill testing question can be administered. To be declared the Prize winner, the Selected Entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill testing question. If a Selected Entrant (a) does not reply via Facebook Private Message with his/her contact information within three (3) business days; or (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question; then he/she will be disqualified and another Entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made with a Selected Entrant or there are no more eligible Entries, whichever comes first. Imperial will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a Selected Entrant. The Prize will be shipped to the winner within six (6) weeks of being declared the Prize Winner (and subject to compliance with all other condition and requirements provided in these Official Rules).
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, Entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) acknowledge acceptance of the Prize as awarded, and (iii) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Imperial, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
- GENERAL: The Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with these Official Rules; (ii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by an awarded Prize or the Contest itself; or (iii) any failure of the Contest Website during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
- Imperial reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in the Province of Québec, to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, Imperial reserves the right, with the consent of the Regie, to cancel the Contest and conduct a draw from all previously received eligible Entries. Imperial shall not be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with (i) the laws of the Province of Québec and the laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the Province of Québec, and (ii) the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the other Canadian provinces/territories, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion could be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. This Promotion is subject to all federal, provincial/territorial, and municipal laws.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including, but not limited to print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Esso Canada is a trade-mark of Imperial Oil Limited. Imperial Oil, licensee.